Thursday 14 July 2016

Yay me

I've been studying part-time for most of my twenties. I have finally finished my undergraduate science degree in Informatics with a distinction through UNISA. Informatics is a broad subject that covers business information systems, what they're comprised of, how to program them, and who interacts with them. Throw in accounting, economics, auditing, management and statistics and you have a bachelor of science in informatics - at least in the South African interpretation of the subject. I will graduate in October.

However, this does not mean I began working with information systems in the last few years - I began quite some time ago. I got going early by programming in Borland 3.0, studying relational database design and programming RDBMS systems in my teenage years using Oracle. I completed a 1 year diploma in comp sci and began working as a systems administrator, web and database developer shortly after my 18th birthday. I have worked in IT for the last 14 years give or take and formally became a dba at 27.

I'll now focus on rebuilding my well-being and repay my sleep debt. Next year I'll start my honours degree, and aim to do masters in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment