Monday 7 March 2016

Changes

I've moved all the content from my old blog - dbaray.blogspot.co.za to beepitybop.blogspot.co.za

It has also been 4 years since I've created new content and 3 years since I last worked with Oracle.
3 years ago, I resigned from my administration position and moved into a Microsoft SQL Server development house to free up time for my undergraduate degree and help cope with the material.

I have returned to an Oracle administration position as I will soon be finished with my undergraduate degree. Currently, I am in the process of re-familiarizing myself with the workings of the database with an emphasis on Oracle RAC - it has been a rude awakening considering that just a few weeks ago I had very little clusterware experience and am currently the senior. The cluster I inherited is sick but I've been fortunate and successful in pulling it out of its nosedives.  By monitoring it daily and investigating its inner workings, the problematic pattern has been identified and a permanent solution should be in place in a few weeks once it has been given the resources it needs to function. The curve is steep but stimulating.

*UPDATE: Cluster no longer sick, resource starvation resolve by doubling core count per node.

I will be posting my oracle/windows scripts here as well as RAC related material including new RAC compatible scripts and notes on RAC architecture.


(Image source:"Hell Broke Luce" from the album Bad As Me by Tom Waits, Anti Records 2011 ,Directed By Matt Mahurin,Published on 6 Aug 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment